When we think about air pollutants, we often think about outside air. However, the air quality inside of your home is just as important to keep you and your family healthy and safe. Today we want to share with you 6 ways to improve your indoor air quality.
- House Plants. Plants are very useful because they clean the air around you. Plants breathe in carbon dioxide and exhale oxygen, creating fresh air in the spaces they reside. Along with adding beauty to the rooms in your house, these plants will freshen the air in each space.
- Air Filters. Changing your air filter monthly can help keep your air cleaner as well. When an air filter is clogged, it won’t catch all of the particles floating around your house. Instead that dust will continue to recirculate through your house, causing allergic reactions and illness. We also suggest buying high-quality filters that are made to trap small airborne particles over the cheaper quality filters.
- Vacuum Regularly. Vacuuming as well as dusting can significantly reduce the dust and mites in your home. This will reduce the number of pollutants moving through the air in your home.
- UV Lights. Installing ultraviolet lights can improve your indoor air quality by killing bacteria and mold. They can even reduce infectious diseases. These sanitation devices can eliminate pollutants before they have a chance to recirculate around your home.
- Air Purifiers. These systems can trap pollen and mold spores. They are a great option for those that suffer from allergies and asthma.
- Indoor Air Quality Testing. We can test for invisible contaminants in your air that are detrimental to your health. The results of our test can guide you in making decisions to improve your air quality.
If you have any questions about the indoor air quality of your home, give us a call at Morrisville Heating and Air, Inc. We would be happy to answer any questions that you may have. We have many options available to improve your indoor air quality.